Information We Collect
You can browse bernuthconsulting.com without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information.
Here are the most common ways in which we collect your personal information:
- When you request information or assistance;
- When you sign up to receive e-mail newsletters from us;
- When you download publications and articles from us;
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events;
- In conjunction with your employment inquiries or applications;
- When you participate with social media accounts involving Bernuth & Williamson properties;
- In conjunction with any verification of your account information;
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the website’s terms and conditions;
- When you communicate with us through the website;
- In conjunction with any other place on the website where you knowingly volunteer personal information.
When you interact with the website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”). We may collect the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- We may collect certain demographic data such as age, gender, and five-digit zip code as part of collecting personal information;
- We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
- We collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, access times, and referring website addresses; and
- We collect your search terms and search results.
We also collect and store certain other Non-Personal Information regarding our users’ use of the website so that third parties may provide us with reports and analysis regarding usage and browsing patterns of the website.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the website. We use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- For editorial purposes;
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Communicating with you about your transactions with us and sending you information about features on our website or about Bernuth & Williamson;
- Communicating with you about changes to our policies;
- Personalizing content and experiences on our website, including providing you with recommendations based on your preferences;
- Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events by e-mail or another medium;
- Processing your employment application;
- Event or program registration;
- Optimizing or improving our programs, services, and operations;
- Research and development;
- Verifying your account and account activities;
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the website and their usage patterns; and
- Managing our organization.
We Are Committed to Protecting Your Personal Information
We do not sell or rent personal information to others, unless we are required to do so to conform to an applicable law or to protect the safety of Bernuth & Williamson, our affiliates, the users of our website, or the public. We use your information only for the limited purposes of sending you updates and useful information about our services, programs, resources for the field, enhancing the site operation, for statistical purposes, and for overall systems administration.
Like some websites, we may also use web beacons or flash cookies. A web beacon or flash cookie (also known as an “action tag” “tracer tag,” or “single-pixel GIF”) is an invisible graphic on a web page or e-mail newsletter that is programmed to collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of a given website or newsletter, e.g., whether you opened the e-mail. Like cookies, web beacons allow Bernuth & Williamson and its technology providers to summarize overall usage patterns for our analysis and provide personalized services to you. We do not share or provide personally identifiable information we may collect through such web beacons, such as names or e-mail addresses, without your permission.
Children’s Personal Information
While our website may be viewed by children, our site is not specifically dedicated to children and we do not actively solicit information from children. Children under the age of 13 are required to obtain permission from a parent or guardian prior to providing any personal information.
General Data Protection Regulation
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a European Regulation concerning the use and processing of personal information. We are committed to processing your information in compliance with the GDPR upon its effectiveness on May 25, 2018.
Questions/comments should be directed to David Williamson, Managing Director, at email@example.com.
Last updated: May 23, 2018